when it comes to batman movies, west is best. but when it comes to geography, my heart will always find quiet contentment in the east. and by that, i mean all three iterations of the east that i have experienced: the south, the mid atlantic, and my home state of florida. a few quick observations from the first month of my return home:
- sunrises are stunning. they are even better when sitting on a kayak with shrimp baited to your fishing pole.
- the pedestrian life does not exist. i miss it. and public transportation.
- college football. enough said.
- there’s a fine line between politeness and chauvinism. i have yet to re-learn the boundaries, and i am subsequently on edge whenever an older man winks at me. the winking happens a lot here.
- some things don’t change. getting onto 408 from i4 is still a pain. but it is still i4 and not the 4.
i am home, but this is all new. my feet are firmly planted in mid air.